Where do you use the debit cards? Probably while shopping at a store, withdrawing cash from an ATM or making payments on a digital platform.
There is no doubt that debit cards are a basic need of all of us nowadays and this is the reason why all of the banks and other financial platforms are providing the debit card facility.
In that context, I am here to present complete guidance about activating your Capital One debit card online. Yes! You can do it simply after performing the Capital One login using the official website. Want to delve into the details? Follow the read.
Here’s how you can activate your Capital One debit card
Make sure you have received your card and then proceed by taking the instructions mentioned right away.
- First, open the Capital One app or official website.
- Navigate to the account that you want to link to your debit card.
- Select it and look for the link that says “Activate my card”.
- Now, fill in the required information to proceed further.
- Create a 4-digit PIN and type it again on the next page.
- Hit the “Slide to activate” button to finalize the process, and you will get the notification that your card is successfully activated now.
Note- It is always advised to change your debit card PIN after a certain period of time to avoid security breaches.
Do you know the process of changing your Debit card PIN? If not so, follow thisread to the next section.
Steps to change the PIN using the Capital One website
- First of all, perform the Capital One login.
- Go to the account linked to your debit card.
- Hit “Account services settings” “Manage debit card” “Change PIN”.
- Now, you will be asked to verify your identity.
- Once it’s done, you can reset a new PIN on the following page.
- Now, after re-entering the PIN to confirm it, you can click “Set PIN” to finish the process.
Steps to change PIN with the Capital One mobile app
- Open the app and perform Capital One login first.
- Tap on the account linked with your debit card.
- Now, navigate to the “View all” and move toward the “Manage debit card” option.
- Go to the search bar and conduct a search for “Change PIN”.
- Tap on it when prompted and complete the identity verification.
- Now, choose your PIN and re-enter it to confirm.
And, now you can make use of your newly created PIN for the further usage of the debit card.
The aforementioned guide is crafted to provide assistance in activating your Capital One debit card. As I have mentioned earlier, changing the PIN of your card is necessary to secure your funds, you can also change the PIN of your debit card by taking the aid of this read. Let me clarify that you can only perform these activities online by Capital One login if you have already registered your account.