Dandruff is a common scalp problem. It consists of white flakes in a mild form that falls off and appears on the shoulder and back. The flakes may sometimes be yellowish too. This condition can be accompanied by excessive itching and becomes irritating. The lack of moisture throughout the winter can cause the scalp to become dry and flaky.
Dr. Roopi Khera, one of the best Dermatologist in Ludhiana at The Glo Medispa, shares some effective remedies to keep dandruff at bay. Keep reading to learn more.
1. Wash the Hair Regularly: The risk of dandruff is increased by the build-up of extra oils, debris, and dead skin cells on the scalp. As a result, one should regularly wash their hair to keep it clean and dandruff-free. However, one should avoid using abrasive shampoos since they may dry up the scalp and worsen the problem.
2. Use Anti-dandruff Shampoos: Switching from a regular shampoo to an anti-dandruff shampoo is the best way to get rid of dandruff. Anti-dandruff shampoos include ketoconazole, zinc pyrithione, and selenium sulfide, that fight against flakiness.
3. Lemon Juice: Applying 1 tablespoon of lemon juice diluted in 1/4th glass of water to the scalp is one of the effective ways to eliminate dandruff. Its citric acid and antibacterial qualities help remove oil and fungus from hair. In reality, lemon can thicken and strengthen the hair while also reducing hair fall.
4. Exfoliate the Scalp: Exfoliating the scalp can help one get rid of product build-up and dead skin cells. Scalp exfoliators minimize dryness, lock in the scalp's natural moisture, and stop flakes from developing. One can also apply a heated oil mask to balance oil production on the scalp.
5. Apply Apple Cider Vinegar: One can use apple cider vinegar to clean the scalp and reduce dandruff gently. It is a great dandruff treatment since it contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that can assist in restoring the scalp's natural pH balance. Additionally, it can be used to make hair less frizzy and dry. Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 100 ml of water. Use this hair rinse on the scalp and on the roots of the hair. After 5 minutes of massaging, rinse it with warm water.
Dandruff can be embarrassing, especially during the winter months. To get effective treatment for dandruff, one can consult Dr. Roopi Khera at The Glo Medispa, the Best Skin Clinic in Ludhiana, to get rid of dandruff and improve the quality of hair. Pay a visit to the clinic today!